Jackruit Seeds In Syrup
Product Code: SW01
Postal Weight: 0.55 kg
Med Kanoon (500g) - Jackfruit seed in syrup.
These wonderful Thai sweets are freshly prepared in Thailand and imported in by air on a weekly basis. If you order any fresh Thai sweets, these will be ordered from Thailand and dispatched to you the following Tuesday or Wednesday.
Med Kanoon is a wonderful sweet dessert that comes from Thailand. The sweet itself is very easy to make and it can be done with the simplest ingredients. To make this sweet, you will need the following ingredients. 20 ducks eggs, 500g mung beans, 3 cups of sugar, 2 cups of coconut milk, 1 cup of scraped coconut. For the syrup that comes with this sweet, you will need to have 4 cups of sugar and 4 cups of jasmine flavoured water.
The method is easy but can be quite time consuming, although it is well worth the effort. Begin by soaking the mung beans in water for 2 hours and then place a white cloth filter in a steam pot and steam the mung beans for about 20 minutes. Ground the beans until they are very fine and then add the sugar, scraped coconut and coconut milk and mix. Cook this mix on a low heat until it has dried out and then remove from the oven.
Mould the mix into the shape of little jack fruit seeds. Take the duck eggs and separate the yolk then place on a cloth filter while squeezing to remove its membrane. The syrup is made by simply mixing the sugar with the jasmine flavoured water and heating until it becomes a thick syrup. You then dip the moulded jack fruit seeds into the red eggs and then place in the boiling syrup and leave for 5 minutes. Let them cool and then they are ready to enjoy.
The sweet is very popular and it is a common sight to see them being sold at a market in Thailand. There are also vendors who drive around the small sois selling them on their motorbikes and they are only too happy to stop and let you buy one.
If you wish to cook this yourself, follow the instructions below:-Ingredients:
- 20 Duck’s Eggs
- 1 Cup (500g) Mung Bean
- 3 Cups Sugar
- 2 Cups Coconut Milk
- 1 Cup Scraped Coconut
- 4 Cups Sugar
- 4 Cups Water (Jasmine Flavour)
- Soak the mung beans in water for two hours.
- Place a white cloth filter in a steam pot and then steam the mung beans for 20 minutes.
- Ground the mung bean till it is very fine. Then mix it with sugar, coconut milk and scraped coconut.
- Cook the mixture on a low heat till it dries out. Remove it from the oven and mould it into shapes of little jackfruit seeds.
- Separate the yolk and then put it on a cloth filter to squeeze and remove it’s membrane.
- Mix the sugar and jasmine flavoured water. Then cook it till you get a thick syrup.
- Dip the moulded jackfruit seeds into the red eggs and then put them in the boiling syrup.
- Cook for five minutes, then place them on a tray and let them cool.
Fresh Product of Thailand.
Similar items that may be of interest to you